View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #113
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Default Re: Original Actors returning - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslockolossus
And a lot of people already said that they might be book-ends in this film. Which I can see working if done right.
It would be unnecessary and simply waste time, much like it was in The Hobbit when they did the same thing with Frodo and Old Bilbo.

Quote:
Bringing the original cast back make sense since they were a part of DOFP and they were the ones who are set in the future. Don't you think people won't wonder why the heck they are doing another film in the past, when everybody is already alive and well in the future at the end of the DOFP? I think the series putting the focus on the previous decade, might throw off some viewers especially without the future period/present cast not getting action in Apocalypse. Anyway we'll see.
Irrelevant. We already know that it is going to take place mainly in the 80s starring the FC Cast. Whether you think it should versus Apocalypse taking place in the present doesn't matter at this stage.

Quote:
And would DOFP made as much as it did if the OT cast members except for Hugh Jackman weren't in it?
Probably close to it. McKellen and Stewart might have added a little. But even a straight First Class sequel would have probably done as or nearly as well given that the films are getting good again. What made the future cast necessary was the DoFP storyline requiring it, and better characters we know having this happen to them then characters we don't. Wolverine going back in the past to save the future is a lot more meaningful than say...Bishop, a guy we hadn't even seen before this film.

Quote:
Have you seen the marketing? Or are you just talking what you saw in the actual film? Patrick Stewart/IanMcKellen/Halle Berry/Ellen Page were heavily featured on posters and TV spots. Then throw in the visual factor from Iceman/Colossus and the other new mutants in the future which showcase the scale of the film. Scott/Jean and the future Beast weren't part of the marketing but obviously, their appearance probably strengthen the word of mouth from viewers and who knows how much impact their appearance did for the movie.

And FYI, Quicksilver wasn't featured that much in the marketing so I don't know what you are talking about Quicksilver getting ore focus than any future character? His power display were only first shown in the last trailer which came out in April and I haven't seen him in any of the posters and people only responded to him well when they saw the film.
Quicksilver was all over the place from magazines to the Burger King ads. I saw endless commercials featuring Mystique and Quicksilver for weeks. I was getting sick of it frankly. And yes, I'm talking about the marketing. The trailers themselves focused primarily on Stewart, Jackman, McKellen, McAvoy, Fassbender, and Lawrence.

Quote:
Michael Fassbender/James McAvoy gave great performances. But still Patrick Stewart is still the definitive Professor X and Ian McKellen is still the definitive Magneto of this X-Men movie series. Go open a comic-book from the previous decades or the new ones, you'll see what I mean.

In my opinion, Kelsey Grammer is still the better Beast while Rebecca Romijn is still the better Mystique. That says a lot especially the younger Beast appeared in more better movies than the older Beast. And just because Storm/Cyclops got the shaft in the previous films, it doesn't mean the younger version of them, are automatically gonna be better.
This is all just your own personal opinion. Before we were talking about whether audiences would accept younger versions of the characters. After two films, we know the answer. Yes, they will.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote