View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #47
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Could be. Maybe done on purpose?

Two things:

Superman fans have been concerned about the lack of Superman stuff and this statue at least for now has gotten many Supes fans to lower their concerns.

This has pushed the script rumors to Superman will be killed off in BvsS. So it may well be dissembling. Snyder is good at this. They could have totally hid the statue with a very large tarp.

The statue is too obvious as you say - a large majority of sites reporting on it now assume the film will be the DOS s/l.

I'm speculating and the argument that killing off Supes and bringing him back in JL 2 allows JL 1 to focus on the other JL members and cost less (really?) is out there. Don't buy it but that is my opinion.
Superman and Batman needs to be in the first JL IMO. Even Wonder Woman is a must. I think it could be better if we stablish them first and then when they "lost" Superman, the feeling would have more impact by far. And the interaction and each members feeling would make priceless scenes.
Again IMO the statue is not for remembering Superman or if they do BvS-JL-JL2 connected then I could see the statue at the end of JL1 but I think the most possible scenario is on gratitude of Superman acts or a Lex plan if you ask me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
or the sun
Quote:
I keep thinking this could be the most accurate, for the way the hand is on the statue. could be holding earth or a car, or piece of concrete simulating a house.