View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #450
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige Lantern View Post
MoS 2 is all but confirmed now, and I'm glad. MoS deserves a proper sequel, and BvSoJ is getting more and more crammed into it (Criminy, even the name is packed with crap).

I'm glad that's happening too, but I felt a lot better when I heard a true MoS 2 is happening as well.

After seeing 300, Watchmen, and then Sucker Punch (which I really enjoyed) I think I'm starting to get Snyder. He has an almost obsessive concern for some things (visual spectacle, visceral violence) but a complete disregard for other important things (natural consequence, making any sense). There's some real genius in there but it always seems to end up kinda garbled, much like Tarantino. I LOVED MoS but you have to acknowledge its undeniable warts.
I think there is, too. Each film he makes has a different feel and style to it.
DoD felt different from 300 which felt different from Watchmen and MOS..etc.

I also think he doesn't get enough credit for his ability to create an impact on viewers (though that is also one of the reasons he's so divisive)

I will say this, having Zack do the Justice League means it's gonna take risks that the first Avengers movie probably didn't. Whether the risks pay off or not will depend on my opinion of it as it's released

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 06-14-2014 at 11:20 AM.
TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote