View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #56
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Storm's hairstyle changes are more than likely considered by the filmmakers, because the style has evolved with each movie. The DoFP version was like an older version of Storm than in X3.

They also have to consider what looks good on the actress.

Ultimately, I prefer the longer classic hairstyle - but without those bangs.
Agreed, especially the bolded part. I think much of this has to do with what looks best on Halle Berry. If she were taller and had a longer neck, I believe the longer, flowing hairstyle would be fine. But she's shorter in stature and for as much as I loved the styling of X1, sometimes the hair seemed...I dunno...too big and overscaled for her body. And yet, there are times when it looks absolutely stunning on her, like here:

What's amazing to me is that Halle looks most like Storm when she is OUT of costume. I don't get it. As a woman, she looks best with shorter hair and I think after awhile, the filmmakers said "we have to make this actress look good and credible in the role." So they made some cosmetic changes to match. But somehow, they just can't seem to get it right without making her look geriatric.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote