View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 03:23 AM   #21
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Ahab - The Horseman Famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
IMO, they'd be stupid not to be looking to continually expand this universe. We believe they may do that with Deadpool, as well as Gambit, and X-Force has been a rumor as well.

Look at Avengers. Now they're expanding into space with Guardians, and they're looking at adding characters like Black Panther, Doctor Strange, etc.
It just makes so much sense for them to plan this universe out with all aspects, and to do that it helps to have some of the characters as new for the new franchise. Saving Polaris and say Forge, etc., for something like X-Factor makes some sense.

But I do agree, it's unlikely. I just don;t want to see Polaris' first role as the bad guy (Horseman).
If Fox is not greenlighting any spin-off film for principal photography that doesn't feature any characters from the 1st X-Men film since 2000, I don't know in which year that is going to change. Plus with more blockbuster films coming out in the next 5 years, more Marvel Studios films, the rumoured DC films, Star Wars films, Avatar films, more fairy tale based films, more films getting a sequel. Fox might want to stick to what worked for them before - meaning more films to the characters we already saw before and not do something completely different like X Factor, X Force, Deadpool.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-11-2014 at 04:02 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote