View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 01:39 PM   #19
Knightsaber Priss
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Adenjo
The new He man is far superior to the MOTU... Storywise and animation wise....
No longer is Prince Adam simply Heman in a pink outfit.. Now Adam and He man are different (physically) characters...
Heman now has a half decent explaination as to why he exists..As do the sorceress and Castle Greyskull.

Dragonball however.. Is still a very badly put together toon.. A statement I could never take back.

ps I'm way too old to still be watching cartoons... I really should get a life
You just don't understand. The 80's MOTU was entertaining because of its cheesiness. It was all just a 30 minute toy commercial. That's why I have to roll my eyes when they treat MOTU as a serious kind of thing. There's no sense of fun there.

How is DBZ badly put together? Compared to mind numbing dreck like Yu-Gi-Oh (Which is nothing more than two characters playing a freaking card game!) and Beyblades (*sarcasm* Oooh! Spinning Tops colliding with each other is so entertaining. *sarcasm*) the Dragonball series of cartoons are brilliant. At least the DRagonball characters are actually doing something that makes sense compared to animated card games and spinning tops battling each other.

"I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart." Frodo Baggins - Fellowship of the Rings

I have changed. Things that I once wanted are now but a distant memory forever cloaked in the shadows of the twilight of the past.
Knightsaber Priss is offline   Reply With Quote