View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 04:04 PM  
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Batman v Superman - Reviews Thread [TAG SPOILERS] - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Just saw it.

Not sure if I even want to bother expressing my thoughts.
Decided to say something...

Going into this film, I of course was a skeptic (I'll miss that thread. Some great discussions there). But, I thought the film would at least be more entertaining than MOS. As we got closer to the release, I thought it was going to be to the Schumacher films what the Burton films were to the Adam West show: essentially the same thing, just with a little "darkness" and "seriousness" (all pretty goofy things in their own ways).

And then those preview comics came out. More than anything else (trailers, interviews, etc), those got me more excited and actually gave me a little bit of hope that the film would at least be ok.

So...

Thank you WB, Snyder, Goyer, Terrio, and all involved for confirming things I've suspected based on your past films and comments (before and after films releases). You don't know what you're doing, you don't like Superman, and you've provided the perfect example of White male mediocrity in Hollywood. You truly can fail upwards in that business, man.

Thank you for this boring piece of **** of a film. Even the surface-level stuff I was mostly watching for, did nothing for me.

Thank you for instilling a new appreciation for all the previous films, shows, and of course comics that have involved these characters. This includes the stuff I didn't like or didn't care for as a whole or certain aspects of those depictions.

Thank you for reminding me of why I fell in love with these characters in the first place and found/find them interesting. Of why I bother to continue watching/reading them. Of why I shared that love with my brothers and plan to do so with my future children.

As always, I'm ready for the reboot(s).

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman