View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #70
Chomp
Tromatized!

Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard

Good acting from Val Kilmer, Nicole Kidman and Michael Gough
Val Kilmer will NEVER be considered Batman to me. The guy was a stiff...literally, he was stiff. Two Face could have thrown his coin at Val and it would have bounced about 10 feet in the other direction. Also, Val had no facial expressions whatsoever. He looked like he had the glazed over look of just being hit over the head with a hammer. If you are going to be an actor, its a little hard to get into the mind of the acting, when you have no physical mannerisms. Keaton had faical expressions. Everytime he gave a squint or a frown, or the movement of his lips, you knew EXACTLY what he was thinking. He had a readable face...Kilmer does not.

Nicole Kidman's part as Chase is just a recycled rehash of several other psychologists. It was a cardboard cut-out with no entertaining aspects at all. But by far she was the best actor in the film.

Quote:
Stupid and lame riddles would be "What has four legs, and ticks?" The riddles that Riddler left were not simple to solve (despite what our resident geniuses pretend to have done), nor was the manner in which they came together to point out the Riddler's identity simple.
Give me a break. That sounds like a riddle a teacher would give her third grade students. You show me ONE riddle from the comics that is as lame as any of those from BF...show me. And it has to be from a comic that is from well respectible source material. Even riddles from BTAS are far superior than anything from BF, and its a kid's show!: "Shall we play the Riddler's game; with meaning changed but word the same? Then find the founder who found fame before he founders in his name." This is probably my favorite from the TV series.

I maybe influenced by Jeph, but let's face it, he put The Riddler on the map as being one of Batman's greatest villains. The Riddler was pretty much a small villain before that.

Quote:
You didn't watch this movie, did you?
I wish I hadn't.

Quote:
Like he's not in every other version he's ever been?
Not to BF's extent.

[QUOTE=The Guard]
Actually he was supposed to be 18. I've seen a lot of 18 year olds that look like that. Especially athletes.[/quotes]

He didn't look 18 to me...unless you see a lot of maturely developed 18 year olds. Face it, he looked old...too old to play Robin.

Quote:
Are you referring to his outfit or just his personality?
His personality...he played exactly like Joker before him. It seemed as if he only had one side in the movie...lame.

Quote:
Because you figured out exactly what he was doing right off the bat, right?
Have you forgotten my posts already?

Quote:
Hardly. She was anything but a Bond girl type.
Yea, she was a cardboard cut...nothing new, just a rehash of other characters from other movies. It actually felt as if Chase was a character from another film...like she was digitally manipulated into the screen from another film. Boring.

Quote:
Let's talk about cars that leaps across rooftops. Was it realistic? Not really. Did it obey the laws of physics? Not really. Neither do half the things you see in the comics. That scene was cool.
How old are you 12? What's cool is Batman gliding through the air with bats, breaking in from an above window, that Batmobile looking sleak yet different...BF's Batmobiles was just different...and hideous if you ask me. It also seemed totally impractical.

Quote:
God forbid a Batman film have a little camp and a little humor. You know, since the comics are completely devoid of it. Over the top stunts such as...
A little? The whole goddamn script was developed by camp and humor.

Quote:
Looked like Gotham to me.

Of course it did. Gotham City is suppose to be Gothic...The 3 D's: Dark, depressing, decaying. BF's Gotham City was full of colorful buildings that lit up the night sky as if you were taking a stroll through the strip.

The animators didn't draw over black paper for nothing, while constructing Gotham for BTAS.

Look, I am glad you like the film...at least someone does. But for me, it wasn't Batman. It wasn't Batman and it wasn't a good film. We can argue this case Forever, but you nor will anybody change my mind on this atrocity of a Batman film, let alone a theatrical film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman = Gordon
Are you ****ing blind? The Guard stated that it was NOT a perfect Batman film, as he explicitly explained to a previous poster who made the mistake of thinking as you did. Next time, read the whole thread.
Next time, STFU.

Last edited by Chomp; 04-21-2005 at 05:25 PM.