View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:44 PM   #73
Chomp
Tromatized!

Default Re: Was BF a "decent" Batman Film or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile
Then again, you can't blame Batman for all this...he was supposed to be rock climbing that weekend.
LMAO...too true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman
And I dont know why everyone comes in and says Riddler's such as psycho in the comics, cause i dont remember it like that. In fact, besides the 60's TV show, I always thought Riddler was kind of a lameass.
It's true, The Riddler has often been disreguarded as a main villain, until in recent years where he was actually brought to a form that quite possibly could be a larger than life villain. The Riddler could have his own film if it was to ever happen.

I recommend reading Hush or TLH. The Riddler, undoubtedly has the highest IQ of all Batman's foes. Cold, aloof, and possessed of a steely wit. The Riddler, unlike many of the other members of Batman's rogues gallery, is more of a cerebral than physical villain. Although he is quite suited for physical combat and often has weapons ready for use, he has probably always been among the least homicidal of the major Bat nemises; indeed, one story showed him lamenting the rise of murderous villains.

Edward's transformation allows him to lose all sense of reality. He becomes completely wrapped up in the evil and criminal behavior which is warping his mind. He needs to be the Riddler to truly express the real Edward Nygma, in turn completely separating himself from any normalcy he once had.

You honestly don't see the psychosis involved with The Riddler?

Last edited by Chomp; 04-21-2005 at 06:03 PM.