View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 AM   #73
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

A Hypothesis: Consider This?

After reading about a face-off between Jean and Emma Frost over Scott last night, I just thought of something: Technically-speaking, since this is a movie adaptation these film makers basically have the license to do whatever they want--be it good or bad.

Could it be that the vaporizing of Scott and the ROLO factor could actually be a modernized take on the Scott/Jean/Emma deal? Okay, I know it sounds far-fetched but work with me here for a moment:

From what we've heard, Scott is demolecularized in the first act by the Dark Phoenix. Totally vaporized instantly.

With him out the picture, I wonder if FOX is trying to create a new love triangle between Jean, Logan and Storm instead? I know it sounds stupid but...think about it: Though Jean turned Logan down in X2, they certainly established that she is attracted to him--at least on a primal, lustful level. Could that develop into territorial "love" after Scott's death? Could Storm become the proverbial "Emma Frost" here--the woman who took Logan when Jean rejected him, and thereby giving the Phoenix a target for her maniacal jealousy? I'm not sure if the aerial battle rumor is true or not...but it makes me wonder.

I know it may sound crazy (and personally I think this would SUCK A$$ if it is true)...but this is FOX we're talking about here. If they could make a love triangle out of friking Dr. Doom, Reed Richards and Susan Richards, they certainly can create one out of thin air here as well.