View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #73
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: The "ROLO Factor:" A Look At Ororo & Logan's Love Story

A Hypothesis: Consider This?

After reading about a face-off between Jean and Emma Frost over Scott last night, I just thought of something: Technically-speaking, since this is a movie adaptation these film makers basically have the license to do whatever they want--be it good or bad.

Could it be that the vaporizing of Scott and the ROLO factor could actually be a modernized take on the Scott/Jean/Emma deal? Okay, I know it sounds far-fetched but work with me here for a moment:

From what we've heard, Scott is demolecularized in the first act by the Dark Phoenix. Totally vaporized instantly.

With him out the picture, I wonder if FOX is trying to create a new love triangle between Jean, Logan and Storm instead? I know it sounds stupid but...think about it: Though Jean turned Logan down in X2, they certainly established that she is attracted to him--at least on a primal, lustful level. Could that develop into territorial "love" after Scott's death? Could Storm become the proverbial "Emma Frost" here--the woman who took Logan when Jean rejected him, and thereby giving the Phoenix a target for her maniacal jealousy? I'm not sure if the aerial battle rumor is true or not...but it makes me wonder.

I know it may sound crazy (and personally I think this would SUCK A$$ if it is true)...but this is FOX we're talking about here. If they could make a love triangle out of friking Dr. Doom, Reed Richards and Susan Richards, they certainly can create one out of thin air here as well.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.