View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #111
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: New Superman Returns Picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTyler
I'm betting that what's actually happening here is that those who were already leaning in favour of this film are becoming more vocal and those who aren't happy with it have just stopped commenting. I know I've stopped posting regularly. I just feel like 'what's the point?'. The film is almost done and there is no chance that it will ever be the film I wanted. So, why bother to talk about it anymore. I can't tell you when I last read a post by people like Oldguy. Maybe they're doing the same thing I'm doing. We aren't won over, we've just given up and moved on to other things. LIKE THE BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL.

Bottom line here is that the only people who are really still engaged here are the same ones who've always held it in a positive light. They're just meeting less opposition because the rest of us have thrown in the towel and walked away.
I was never opposed to what information we were getting about the film but I had my reservations. The more photos I saw and the more I found out I embraced the movie and can't wait to see what it looks like.

In reality those opposed the film had no point of posting that they hated the movie or the suit at the beginning because it wasn't going to get anybody anywhere. If only for debating and voicing opinion than of course it was well worth it.

I agree that as time has gone on those on the fence have turned to the supporters of the movie which has practically wiped out those who were against it. Power in numbers I guess.