View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #9
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: Justice League Vs Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKrypton
I'd definitely go with the JLA on this one. The Avengers isn't an all-star team like the JLA is in my opinion.
All star does not mean win. Scarlet Witch may not be hella popular, but she could probably kick Green Lantern's ass.

Quote:
The prime x-factor with the Avengers I think would have to be the qualities of Thor and Scarlet Witch. Both being magic beings they would pose a problem for Superman who is definitely the quarterback of the opposing squad (lest J'onn keeps them busy, then they're all in big trouble).
How would J'onn keep them busy? Telepathically? Thor has been shown to have a level of resistance against psychic atacks before.

Quote:
Location would also play an important role because if it was anywhere near a body of water (New York, Metropolis, California coast), then Aquaman is definitely a few notches above the others on the food chain (he's always underestimated, too).
How so? Water doesn't make him physically stronger, and he can't control it. The only up would be that he can comunicate with marine life. But that would only be of use if he could get someone down deep in the water. I doubt any city coasts have whales or giant squids living in them.

Quote:
In the end, though, I just don't see the Avengers pulling it out on this one due to the Flash's raw speed, Wonder Woman's fierce nature,
I'll give you the deal with Flash's speed. He is damn fast. But Wonder Woman's feirce nature? Thor's got that in spades.

Quote:
and Batman's intelligence. As much as I hate always hearing about it, Batman is never unprepared to deal with a threat (even if he's thinking on the fly).
You do realize that Cap is just as smart as Batman, right? And also, Batman can be unprepared for a threat. Like, when he's unprepared for a threat. It is impossible to prepare for everything. If he's thrown into a situation where he has no idea what's going on, he will not be prepared.

Quote:
The only way that Batman could be nullified is if Stark can invent some kind of gadget or weapon to deal with his foes.
Or, maybe, if Thor smacked him over the head with his big scary hammer. Or, if Captain America opened up a can of whup ass on him.

Quote:
This is a damn tough question, though, because so many variables could determine the victory. If you're just talking about some kind of straight-up fight though, the mathematics spell doom for the Avengers, to me anyway.
No, they don't. You're seriously under-estimating them. Or over-estimating the League. Either way.