View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #15
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: Justice League Vs Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKrypton
Oh, I wouldn't doubt she could get the drop on GL. She'd have to do it in a hurry though, because if that ring is raised in her direction she's in deep ****. This also depends on which universe you're talking about having the battle occur in as well (if you even are).
Why would she bee in deep ****? She could make it so his ring suddenly runs out of power.

Quote:
Manhunter is also carrying strength on par with Thor as well as flight, shapeshifting, and matter phasing for his own body. If Superman didn't already take care of Thor (which I believe he's done before in a handy fashion) then this wouldn't help matters. However, if The Avengers learned J'onn's weakenss, then all they'd have to do is bring a Bic lighter and some Kingsford lighter fluid and...presto. As for Wanda, once again her magic is the only x-factor, but if I personally don't think that even with all of her probability control and teleportation of objects she could do much (although maybe I'm wrong) if The Flash simply deposited her fine behind into the Speed Force (depending on which universe they were in, though Wanda would be stronger in the DC universe so Flash better be on his toes and in the Marvel universe there is no Speed Force, but she's weaker there anyway). Even if the Speed Force thing didn't work, he could run at full speed and punch her in the mouth.
Well, I agree, Martian Manhunter would probably beat Thor. Superman, it could go either way, but with J'onn, his desnity powers would give him an edge. But remember, The Vision has the same damn powers as J'onn, minus the telepathy and shapeshifting. So I'd think he'd keep him busy. With Wanda, I doubt The Flash would trap her in the speed force. He only does that when he's very desperate, since there's a chance he won't come back. And by that time, she may take him out.

Quote:
Remember he can bring any of the creatures to any point of the water or near the shoreline with the communication abilities (not that this would always spell victory or anything like that). This isn't me underesimating the Avengers by any stretch, as I'd be fearful of susceptibility to Wanda's abilities, but Aquaman is very underestimated in that he is a solid combatant who has greatly enhanced strength and bulletproof skin to also stand on (yes, even on dry land) that could take on Iron Man or Captain America and come up victorious.
Oh, hand to hand, he'd demolish Cap and Iron Man. But he can't magically make sea creatures apear in front of him when he's in the water. They still have to swim for where ever they are when he calls them. And I doubt there are many whales or giant squids in city shore lines.

Quote:
Thor was spanked by Superman and depending on what deal Wonder Woman has going on in her head at the given moment, she may show up with a sword in hand. Of course Thor's got fierceness in spades, I never would've claimed he didn't (I'm of Norwegian descent for pete's sake). He's not dubbed the God of Thunder for his serene disposition.
Superman beating Thor was badly written. The descision was based entirely on DC not wanting their star hero to loose. The fight should have been much closer that it was written. In said fight, Thor did alot of stupid **** he normally wouldn't do.

Quote:
There are a handful of JLA members that could squab with Thor head-on (Superman, WW, GL, J'onnz). Last I checked Captain America wasn't the one with a victory over Batman, but what do I know, I just read 'em sometimes.
Cap can and should beat Batman. He's about twice as string, fast, and agile as Batman. He never gets tired. He's as skilled a hand to hand combatant. And he's just as smart. He would own Batman quite hard.

Quote:
Quest, it's not that I think they'd get owned or anything like that. I also think that location would play a very important role as the power levels of each have been shown to be varied by which universe they reside in. I'm just looking at the facts garnered by previous matchups and overall power carried by each member separately along with past history, that's all. It's not that I feel an intelligent write-up couldn't yield an Avengers victory, but it had better be a good one, that's all.
And I don't think the League has as huge an advantage as you say.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote