View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 09:13 AM   #37
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Age of Apocalypse vs. Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t
jesus christ man...you have given that some thought...

hmmm, i still like the fact that bishop feels guilty for hunting mutants for so long in the future...haha i dunno i am trying to find excusses to leave the time travel in there

it's not like time travel is a new topic unbeknowist to anyone who isnt an xmen fan, i think the general public will have an idea of what is going on, and be able to follow the movie, at least bishops story the should....you bring cable into it, then you got two different futures i think it could get difficult (i still am in favor of saying screw the general public as i always have been, but money is money)

i feel like it (time travel) will work, and i am completley biased about it too

but i suppose that (xmanic) would be the next best scenario
The thing about time travel is that it then makes it too much like Terminator. Terminator has a cop, a bleak future run by machines, a cyborg.. and X-Men probably borrowed from it to create its Bishop and Cable characters. Just like the Alien movies popped up as the Brood in the comics.

For the sake of keeping it real, and making it less of a copy of Terminator, I'd rule out time travel from the start. Make it about visions of the future and it's more real - we all have bad dreams. In Bishop's case, they are precognitive because he is absorbing energy from time. Disruptions to time in the future (by machine technology of some kind) cause the release of tachyon energy which travels faster than the speed of light, therefore appears to travel backwards, and travels back to this time where it is absorbed by Bishop, who sees the future it is from.