View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 04:13 AM   #38
nerd herder
Default Re: Justice League Vs Avengers

Well, with hundreds of writers over the last 70 years, it's hard to say which guy has the right to establish a character's power level for everybody else to follow. "How many feet can Spider-Man jump approximately? Oh, I had him jump 30 but here on this trading card it says only 20 so I guess Spider-Man has to fail, fall into the canyon, and die. It doesn't make sense, but hell... I stuck to the continuity." The current "continuity" in any comic book series contradicts itself... so how do we know which comic book is loyal and which is wrong? I stand by saying that debating power levels is silly and that character and story stand above all else. It's not lazy, it's just a different way of doing things. Whether in fantasy superhero land, or the real world, people are allowed to disagree and it doesn't make them lazy. I say Superman uses Thor's hammer to wipe his ass, some writers disagree. Who's right? Neither. Who's wrong? Neither... so long as the story does both of them justice as characters.

Almond Joy's got nuts. Mounds don't.
larryfilmmaker is offline   Reply With Quote