View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 04:13 AM   #38
larryfilmmaker
nerd herder

Default Re: Justice League Vs Avengers

Well, with hundreds of writers over the last 70 years, it's hard to say which guy has the right to establish a character's power level for everybody else to follow. "How many feet can Spider-Man jump approximately? Oh, I had him jump 30 but here on this trading card it says only 20 so I guess Spider-Man has to fail, fall into the canyon, and die. It doesn't make sense, but hell... I stuck to the continuity." The current "continuity" in any comic book series contradicts itself... so how do we know which comic book is loyal and which is wrong? I stand by saying that debating power levels is silly and that character and story stand above all else. It's not lazy, it's just a different way of doing things. Whether in fantasy superhero land, or the real world, people are allowed to disagree and it doesn't make them lazy. I say Superman uses Thor's hammer to wipe his ass, some writers disagree. Who's right? Neither. Who's wrong? Neither... so long as the story does both of them justice as characters.