View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 12:54 AM   #26316
LEX
No justice; just us.

Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
I actually don't think she comes off as a ***** OR a ****. Scott's the only guy she's ever been involved with in the last, oh, 20 years of freaking comics, and she's expressed a lot of guilt over how their relationship began. She even tried to apologize to Jean and be honest with her about how she screwed up when Jean first found out about it.

Jean's response? Mind-raping Emma, leaving her in the infirmary for weeks and leaving her emotionally and mentally screwed up for months after. Yes folks, Emma Frost gets the moral high ground.

Let's not forget that Emma was a hero who led Generation X for years long before she ever got involved with Cyclops. And even then, I loved her. She had snarky wit, but also cared DEEPLY about the kids under her care and racked herself with guilt whenever anything happened to them.

Emma only seems like a ***** towards Kitty, and that's because Kitty's a RELENTLESS ***** to her.
Ah, yeah, you're right. She's mostly nasty towards Kitty and I love it. I love how she's both bad and good. In New X-Men, Emma is grieving in her office over the deaths of her students who died in the Stryker bombing. I thought it was great how it was showed that she truly cared for them.

May I ask, what title and issue/s was that in? The one with Jean finding out about Emma and Scott and then mind-raping her? I'd like to check it out. Thanks.

- Mort