View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 10:21 PM   #8
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where has Scott Summers gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borinquenknight
This would be an awesome save if it wasn't for the fact that as Jean is about to lose it you can Cykes face start to bubble. Its rather freakish looking. This is why I don't believe that they meant it to be open ended. Though if we let on to be this gulible they might actually use it pull us back into the theatres for more Xcrement.
Dude, his face is not bubbling. His facial muscles are twitching, tensing like he's experiencing pain or discomfort. There really weren't any special effects here. A side effect of Jean holding back his beams like that could be pain around his temples and face. That or like I said, she got distracted. Ever pull an all-nighter for a final exam? Ever not sleep for 3 days? It feels weird, doesn't it? You can breeze through your exam but suddenly you forget the name of your favorite song, and as you drive home, you remember the name of your favorite song and then realize you're about to run off the road. So while focusing on kissing Scott, Jean forgot about those optic beam shields. It was trivial for her to hold them back because of her new powers, but it still required concentration. she could just have gotten distracted or forgot about them. Look at the way she's portrayed when she first appears to Scott. she looks dazed and confused. swollen face, bags under eyes, tired looking. Or like someone who just had a tornado pass over their house, or someone who hasn't slept for 3 days.

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote