View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #17
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where has Scott Summers gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefive
I've seen the movie a couple times on the big screen and a few more times than that on the computer making avatars and a music video, and I would say there is definitely some SFX face "bubbling". It looked more like worms crawling under his skin, or some sort of pattern forming under his face.
If you want to see for yourself, check this video at 1:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYJho7hmbA
Hmmm... when I saw it for the very first time, my initial impression was that's what Rogue does to boyfriends when she kisses them, except that it's not one of Jean's capabilities nor would she have a need to suck in anyone's lifeforce. I can see how this could be a topic that we spend debating for months and months though One thing that's clear though it's definitely not consistent with what happens to a victim when Jean / Phoenix vaporizes them. Plus when she does that she really has to call upon her power and anger and that manifests itself in the form of her eyes going pitch black and those veiny patterns, which I don't think she was doing here.
I'm still under the impression that what you see is the side effect or consequence of trying to hold back Scott's beams. Jean would easily have the power to do it, but not the skills and finesse to do it in a way that doesn't hurt Scott. I don't think it's ever been established what happens to Scott when someone tries to hold back his beams by force by any other means than using his visor or glasses. Maybe that's her attempt ot stabilizing things or when she loses her focus, starts mentally gripping and squeezing his facial muscles instead of keeping her attention on his eyes and those beams?

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote