View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #38
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where has Scott Summers gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothling
I definately don't believe Cyclops is dead; there are too many unsanswered questions and odd occurences, such as them never seeing Cyclops dead body, Phoenix laying unconcious when they found her at the lake, Jean not actually clearly remembering killing him, etc. It all seemed like a lot of assumption on the characters parts.
Funny thing is that it's just as vague in the book. His death is based on assumptions. Basically, since Logan didn't find him there they immadiately assumed that the most obvious answer was that Jean MUST HAVE vaporized him into thin air. Right... Then the book attempts to cover their tracks by claiming they did a "thorough" search, but since her was obviously vaporized, there was nothing to find. Again, right...

Quote:
Plus, I think if the film-makers wanted the audience to think he was dead, they would surely have showed his death and not left everything so open ended and with a ton of questions and variables.
That too. The filmmakers had no hesitation to show a bunch of other deaths. There's no reason they would have to hold back here. They didn't hold back to keep us in suspense and shock us later. They held back on purpose to keep his fate vague. James Marsden said as much during one of his interviews when the topic came up.

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote