View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #42
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where has Scott Summers gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey12
because they didn't, i would never be shocked if he is alive. frankly, i wouldnt care if it was completely illogical as i like his character as well as jean (shes my fav. scott and logan switch back and forth for second depending on which movie)
It can't be any more illogical and out of character than it already is. At this point I personally don't care how shocking it would be to retcon things or contradict the events of X3 (as if it didn't already contradict enough things that were established in X1 and X2), I'd rather see a happier, more fulfilling ending, one worthy of the characters, their dedication to each other, and their heroism. I believe that would be referred to as character development, which this movie sorely lacked. And no, making Logan the team leader and Ro inherit the entire Xavier institute is not character development. Rogue giving up everything she worked for in order to have sex is not character development either. Angel's 2-scene story arc is not character development, more like a cameo. (Hell Peter Jackson's cameo's in the LOTR trilogy had more screentime than Angel!!!) And you can't have character development between two characters when one ends up "dead" and another is turned into some kind of freaky monster.
They jumped over Highlander 2, they jumped over Superman 3 and 4, and they jumped over Batman and Robin. I don't see why they can't hop a little over X3 too. After all, this is supposed to be just a popcorn action summer blockbuster flick, right? The average moviegoing audience won't notice it or mind too much if certain characters come back. What do they care? They're just casual fans.

BTW, Bad JeanGrey12!!! BAD!! It's not nice to try to kill your fiancee while you're in each other's arms! You'll hurt his feelings

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.

Last edited by ntcrawler; 07-18-2006 at 09:17 PM.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote