View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #54
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where has Scott Summers gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ilver
They wanted to add at least some cinematics to the movie,
Haha, I like the way you said that. But if that's the best they can come up with as far as cinematics, that really leaves a scary thought.
Quote:
showing Cyclops disinegrating on-screen would leave no intrigue to the viewers especially so early in the movie.
there are other ways to kill people. Remember when Jean hurled Logan back against a wall? She could have slammed Scott fatally into a tree or chucked him into the lake. You could still show him dead but you wouldn't have to reveal your super secret vaporization special effects. I think what intrigued the viewers was how easily all the chars accepted his death. Not only did they not bother to do any kind of investigation or to even look for him, but no one even showed any remorse. Scott's dead and that's it. Business as usual at the mansion. Charles got his funeral and grave. Scott didn't, even though by the time of Charle's death it should have been obvious that he was dead (if he really was dead). That's what intigues me and a bunch of other viewers. Maybe they knew something we didn't. Or they were so busy they completely forgot about Scott until the end of the movie.

Quote:
Jean has just arisen and no one knows what's happened to her so they kiss, epic/scary music play, Cyclops starts to bubble, scene changes on-screen, and poof..he's gone..

Bottom-line, if he looked like he died and they acted like he died..He probably died
And you honestly enjoyed that scene? You have no problems with it? You really thought that it was a beautiful way of showing the dynamics of their relationship, the drama involving a much anticipated scene that fans were waiting 3 years to see, and the shock of how evil Jean is? That's the best they could do?

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.

Last edited by ntcrawler; 07-19-2006 at 11:04 AM.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote