View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #107
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where has Scott Summers gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey12
i just get the feeling that if they continue the series and make an X4, that scott and jean won't be dead.

i mean literally, there is no reason as to why i think that, but i just have the feeling that they don't plan on keeping them dead...
No, no I think you're absolutely right with this. Whenever you read a mystery novel or a thriller you want to be sitting at the very edge of your seat, wondering what's going to happen next. You want an ending that makes sense, one that when you look back at the story you realized it was there all along but during the story was not obvious. In other words, it makes sense but you just never saw it coming. We don't get any of that here in X3. The only thing we know is that characters are going to die. I knew Jean was going to die and they made it worse by showing all those ways in which she could have been saved but instead the writers portrayed the team as messing up pretty BADLY.
The point I'm trying to make and one that I agree with you here is that what happens in the movie doesn't feel "right". It's a gut feeling you have inside and one that frankly alot of people also agree with you on this. You know things aren't supposed to turn out the way they did and the fact that they do makes it feel wrong and unnatural. So either that's not really what happened (ie those 2 chars are not "dead"), or the writers messed up badly.

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote