View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #24
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: What would have made "X-Men: The Last Stand" the best of the series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastila
grail i started to read and i am liking it. But the other one i dont know of.
ECHO is another alternate X3 feature-length novel. It's still under construction but there are 8 chapters so far. The author's vision behind Jean's fate and what happens after X2 is also WAY different and in a whole other direction. I'm not sure I agree with it, but the way it's written I can't help but like it. There are some beautifully written scenes. Even if you don't like the book, I think just the 3 flashback scenes so far make it worth the effort. There's also a GREAT scene between Scott and Logan where Scott pretty much owns his butt as far as Jean. He points out not only Why Logan doesn't have what it takes to win Jean over or love her, and why she wouldn't love him back, but why he never even stood a chance. He gets beaten so hard it makes you want to stand up and applaud.
The other part of the story involves something that gives Xavier, Scott, and Logan the chills and you'll probably feel the same way.

Here's the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/art/Kaleidoscope/ECHO.htm

Like Grail and other works of fanfiction, ECHO Gives X3 the depth, tone, and character development that the X3 movie lacked. There's plenty of action in both, but it's never the action or explosions that tell the story. It's the characters that do.

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote