View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #105
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: Zak Penn. Can he be trusted to write Avengers movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter
But Ultimate Marvel is not everyone's cup of tea. I say blend the Ultimates with the Avengers.

Have a Chitauri invasion of Earth. Have a massive battle between the Chitauri and the Avengers like in the Ultimates. Have a scene where a lot of heroes such as the Falcon, War Machine, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, X-Men, etc. are captured by the Chitauri (like the scene where the Liberators have captured Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men). Take a lot of influences of the Ultimates, but it shouldn't be a full on Ultimates movie.
Superman Returns isn't everyone's cup of tea. Hell, Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins aren't everyone's cup of tea.

It's just with the Ultimates, you have the whole movie right there. I mean, it's just laid out perfectly, to rip that apart, to edit that in any large fashion, you would lose really one of the best things about the book, and personally I would just take a regular Avengers movie if that were the case. God knows most movie adaptations are already halfway to being the same as Ultimate versions already.

All IMHO, of course.