View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #37
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Default Re: SR fans......its the little things........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm
I gotta agree with you....I loved SR and not only for the big action sequences, but these moments as well. This list is why fanboys don't get SR.....fanboys would be more content having Jackie Chan portray Superman and have him spin kick everyone in the face for 2 hours. Further, I think fanboys are more intersted in the inner workings of the pre and post movie process than the movie itself. They love the speculation prior to the movie, the posting on the boards, the challenge of debating and the endless nerding out over accounting minutia both pre and post movie.....and yes somewhere in there they make time to catch the movie in theaters.....not for the sake of enjoyment, but merely for adding ammunition to their posting arsenal....the actual "enjoyment of the movie" has little to do with why "fanboys" and "haters who hate just to hate" do what they do on a daily basis. It's kinda sad, kinda weird and completely dismissable behavior.

You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of "fanboys" or "haters" answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant. You are here because the Superman Returns franchise is about to be destroyed. Its entire existence eradicated.

Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it. There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of Superman Returns thread on this forum.

As I was saying, many have stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly ninety-nine percent of the test subjects accepted the different views of posters from each "side" provided they were given a choice - even if they were only aware of it at a near-unconscious level. While this solution worked, it was fundamentally flawed, creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that, if left unchecked, might threaten the forum itself. Ergo, those who refused views different from theirs, while a minority, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the "fanboys" of Superman Returns. The door to your left leads back to the exit of the SHH Superman Forums, and to the end of your species. As you adequately might have thought, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction: the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you to the simple and obvious truth: the Superman forums are going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote