View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 04:59 AM   #13
Shedhut
Side-Kick

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil
I'm read joker for long long time and when I picture joker the voice I hear in my head is hamill when I see joker I see 'the killing joke' and 'the return of the joker' (B:tas feature film)

THAT to me is joker. so who tells esoteric jokes (only he unders the punchline) he is dark witty charming and deadly.

Nicholson gave a good performance but I don't think his character had depth I was think good 'Nicholson performance' rather than 'THAT's joker' you know the scene where batman/bale interrogates the dirty cop THAT was batman to a tee, bale NAILED it right there and then.

so basically Nicholson gets a 'A' for effort but doesn't quite 'get' the joker. here's hoping nolan reads the killing joke and watches the return of the joker the quintessential joke stories and ledger gives the performance of his career.

anyone else agree?
Nicholsons Joker was the first Jokerinterpretation I ever saw. So imo he nailed it. That took place in a time where Hamill was the looser who didnt succeed anymore after Star Wars.
My point is, any Joker ive seen since then was just an interpretation of Nicholsons Joker to me. No worse or better but I really think it depends on which Joker character you got to know most early rather than this or that is the absolute Joker.

Shedhut is online now   Reply With Quote