View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 01:24 PM   #69
faceplant
i have ninja like focus

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybia
You know, there have been many Superhero movies made over the past 30 year and the majority have been disappointing to say the least.

Its amazing when the right people just happen to all come together to make a movie from the genre that very Special.

That is what we got with BB, which was really just the obligatory origin story to 1) Fix the mistakes from the previous franchise and 2) The set-up for the true story that Nolan wanted to tell in TDK and its follow up/conclusion.

Do you all realize how lucky we are to have a director like Nolan who truly and sincerely "gets its"? He may not be an experience on Batman (but quickly becoming one) but he has enough common sense to refer to the source material and ask the question, "Why does the Batman mythos continue to endure over 60+ years?" The guy refers with DC editors and writers and know the co-creator of the Joker.

Give Nolan the movie rights to Batman...forever and let him control the franchise.
yeah, at the end of the old franchise, they had batman doing personal appearances, wtf was that all about, in begins we get the sense that these criminals really fear batman which is a big part of the character.