View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: X:FC Opening Theatres - How important it is?

I think there were fewer screens available for First Class due to the massive number of other films still playing. In particular, Hangover 2 was getting the most screens at the cinemas in my area, even when First Class was released, and Pirates of the Caribbean had tons of screens too (some 2D, some 3D).

The success of stuff like Transformers, Pirates and Fast Five prove audiences want rollicking, explosive, vehicle-chasing, building-smashing spectacle, no matter the complaints from critics. The X-Men films ought to be able to deliver some of that, especially with the various superpowers these mutants have.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get Spielberg or even (dare I say) Michael Bay exec-producing the next X-Men movie, as they know how to get maximum scale and spectacle from the budget. As long as Bay didn't have anything to do with story or dialogue (which doesn't seem to be his thing anyway!), he's now a master of epic spectacle and the next X-Men needs MORE of that...