View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #914
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

I just don't want the rebooted Bat films to suffer for JL. I don't want to see them do episodic Batman movies where every single one is just Batman using his detective skills to take down Riddler, then the sequel is the same when he's taking down Penguin or some other rogue. Focusing entirely on the villain, and repeating the same dilemmas Bruce has had in past films while just showing off his mind/physicality. I want NEW STORIES where I turn to one of my buddies and say "They've never done this in a Batman movie before, im quite surprised" or "Wow, I expected them to dish out some typical crime investigation story that we can see on any crime series each week but done with Batman characters, but im shocked. They actually gave us something that all audiences haven't seen before."

I don't want to see an obvious cash-in. Making spin-offs with little imagination or story that could get into Bruce's psyche and make us learn something...ALL because WB just needed to have a new Batman in their big team-up.

If they can treat the solos with respect, get a Rian Johnson on board as director and bring a fresh story to live-action, then im all for it. But this is why im rooting for Bale to return. Because you don't have to risk doing these episodic films.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc

Last edited by shauner111; 05-16-2013 at 10:42 AM.