View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #921
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

The Flash will definitely be the trickiest costume to modernize. I feel like everything that made people criticize Cap's costume in Avengers are a danger to Flash here: the wingtips, silly color scheme, so many symbols (the lightning bolt), etc.

And look at Amazing Spiderman 2. People are rejoicing that the original costume design is back, but admittedly it looks incredibly Halloween costume like. Lighting and other editing could probably take some of that away, but to be honest, it's hard to imagine anyone wearing something like that in a believable setting of a movie.

With Flash, I fear that they're going to reinvent the suit completely or give him rubber armoring a la Nolan Batman.

In any case, I highly doubt that a costume will prevent him from being in. They're going to want to launch a new franchise alongside or after Man of Steel and Flash is looking like the best candidate at the moment - Wonder Woman's show is still being pursued so I doubt they'll jump to film while that's going on. Same with Arrow. And Green Lantern is on probation. So my money is on Flash being next and putting him in JL will jumpstart his exposure.