View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #49
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Early box-office predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
It's fine if you disagree, and I'm not going to try to talk you out of thinking so, but from my own observations, Captain America is unanimously more popular than Thor. On every character poll I've ever seen, Cap was always ahead of Thor. And Loki was more popular than Thor before The Avengers was even released. Loki's been popular since the first Thor. The Avengers is just a extension of that previous popularity.

Now if you're talking about action moments only, Thor was way more talked about than Cap. Thor was talked about more than Iron Man when it comes to fights and action.
Some twitter analytics

Then you've got a poll done by Facebook:

Quote:
The social media platform said it polled a sample of the more than 5 million users who play its official "Avengers" game, to see which hero came out on top. Drumroll ...

In an unsurprising result, folks are still enamored with Iron Man, with Downey snatching 37% of the overall vote. Evans' Captain America came in second at 19%, with Hemsworth on his heels as Thor with 17%.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may...character-poll
CBM's poll

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:

This one was done by some SEO group:

Quote:

Based on worldwide search volume for the past 12 months, The Hulk is the most popular Avenger. With a search volume index of 1.32 The Hulk had more interest than Iron Man (.94) and Thor (1.0) who battled it out for the second most popular Avenger. Captain America had an index of (.48) and Loki (We included Loki, so that he does not get mad at us) had an index of (.24). Captain America and Thor did have spikes in search volume as their individual Marvel Movies came out earlier in 2011. The brand name “Avengers” was the most popular over the past 30 days with an index of (6.3) and lead in news mentions and social media.

http://www.goebelgroup.com/who-is-th...pular-avenger/

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 04-10-2013 at 08:23 PM.