View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #197
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Stuff you like to believe happened in Nolan's series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I don't see how Joker technically won besides Batman being treated as a leper, which is more of a prediction by Joker than anything else.

He wanted to corrupt Gotham City by using Harvey Dent and that plan failed once Batman put the blame on himself when it came to Dent's crimes. If you count Joker making Batman become a villain, then yes, I could see how that was a 'W' for Joker.
Joker thought he could corrupt the most incorruptible man in Gotham. According to Batman himself, that would be Harvey dent. joker could corrupt Harvey Dent. Joker won.

Batman could revert this only by collectively lying to everyone in Gotham.

It's like somebody wins a competition but the man informing of this decides to lie bout it. The man still won.

But yes, Gotham people didn't blow up each other's ferry in the only unconvincing part of the movie. that was a serious defeat for Mr. J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I don't think anyone should be wondering this at all. Joker took away Bruce Wayne's "life" so to speak by killing Rachel and put Bruce through eight years of not moving on with his life when he quit being Batman. For those eight years, he was mentally and emotionally broken because of what Joker did. Joker even made Batman become a villain(if you want to view it as something Joker did, that is).
A lot of Joker winning there.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote