View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #237
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Marvel's strategy on this is incomprehensible. They know very well that Ant-Man faces a lot of skepticism even from the geek community, not to mention the rest of the world. Despite that, they're withholding a video clip that's less than one minute long and could get a whole lot more people excited about the character and the film.

It doesn't make sense, even if they rationalize by saying they want to save exclusives for people who attend conventions. That's a small percentage of the potential audience that they're reaching with the footage, and descriptions are not the same as seeing it.
I could see it if they were putting out a legit copy so people wouldn't be watching a low quality bootleg. I read that it was going to be on the Phase 1 boxed set so maybe that's why.

Same thing happened with the Kick Ass 2 red band trailer. I started a thread on that on another forum and had to edit a new link in a half dozen times because Viacom kept taking it down. The mind boggles.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion