View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #38
theMan-Bat
Team Classic DC

Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
My bad. I guess Nolan's Batman movies didn't make $2.3 billion at the box office.

Oh wait, they did. And somehow people didn't boycott the movies for a lack of spandex. Weird, right?
I've never claimed Nolan's Batman movies weren't successful. They appeal to both a nostalgia for Burton's iconic dark Batman films with the black rubber suits, etc., and for those familiar with the comics, they also appeal to nostalgia for iconic classic comics Batman: Year One, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Knightfall, etc. I feel that the black and grey Batman look, like the iconic Batman: The Animated Series, which many people also grew up with, could be pulled off in live-action if given the chance, and that doesn't mean I want a return to Adam West's blue and grey Batman look, and also that doesn't mean I want Batman without any bullet resistant protection.

Manbat I adore you, those articles were amazing thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Honesty, God bless you Man-Bat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Wow, brilliant post, man. Seriously, I couldn't possibly counter debate that. That post is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. You're obviously a true scholar of Batman lore
You've convinced me. Well played, sir. It's great to debate with someone who has the hard facts to back up what they say

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 10-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote