View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #92
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Yeah, honestly ending the Baleverse was something I wouldn't have done. If Chris doesn't want to direct the third movie, why not let Jonah have a go at it? He seems to care more about the character from the pages, anyway.

Oh well. WB's "one DC movie at a time" approach is pretty much dragging out everything. I wouldn't even mind that, if the films didn't tend to be of "Jonah Hex" or "Catwoman" calibre.
I don't disagree with how they wrapped up the TDK trilogy. For all the talks about never having true on-going continuity well prior to Nolan we never had a true start to finish Batman overlapping trilogy or a real connected series.

We had the Burton/Schumacher series which we're really a bunch of loose continutation films supposedly in the same series but that had little to do with each other and never were part of any grand story-line.

We needed to get a true trilogy in and we did. Now we can move forward to other aspects.