View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #287
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That's what I'm saying, though. If Ben Kingsley is the Mandarin, then he's a drunken idiot so the chances of him ever using the actual rings in a future movie are low. Unless he's just acting like a drunken idiot in IM3 and is actually cunning. And if Pierce is the Mandarin then that's even further away from the character than Kinglsey's version is and even his version is still pretty close because at least he has the rings(even though they're probably fakes). Not to mention Killian/Mandarin is supposedly dead after IM3.
What I've gotten out of it is, "The Mandarin" is this idea Killian cooks up for a terrorist figure to use in the media. So he hires a washed up, boozed up actor to play the "role", and Tony finds out it's just an actor at some point. And then towards the end of the movie, Killian takes credit for it and says he's "the real Mandarin" as he cooked up the idea for it and is responsible for all of it, in front of and behind the scenes. But really it's just a character he came up with

But again I haven't seen the movie, that's just what I've gotten out of all the spoilers