View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 04:29 AM   #42
Timstuff
Banned User

Default Re: Discussion: Abortion II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
I am pro choice and pro abortion. A fetus is mot a living thing and has no rights until it is born in my opinion. I consider a woman's right to choose a basic human right. Our bodies are our own and it is our choice and ours alone what we put into or take out of our bodies. I do not care about the fetus.
If you are pro-choice then at least have the decency to not pretend you are neutral. After all, I can play that game too. I am both pro-life and pro-choice, because I support a woman's choice of whether or not to give their babies up for adoption. Unless your point was that you would rather the argument positions be called by the less flattering terms "pro-abortion" and "anti-choice," you are insulting to your opposition's intelligence when you falsely claim the neutral position in an argument where middle-ground is scarce.

Perhaps this is an example that will hit close enough to home for you: how would you like it if someone said to you "I'm pro-gay marriage since I support gays getting married, as long as they are not marrying each other"? I don't imagine you'd be nearly as proud of that person as you were of yourself when you wrote "I am pro-life and pro-choice, because fetuses are not alive."

Last edited by Timstuff; 02-17-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote