View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #330
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
On another note, I just watched the animated featured "The Dark Knight Returns: Part 2", the one that featured Superman, and dear Lord...I Pray that we NEVER...EVER have to see ANY LIVE ACTION VERSION of Superman be written that way.

I mean seriously, the way that Superman was portrayed in that film/story-line, he's no hero at all. He's just a government stooge/lackey.

Which is why I HOPE that when Superman surrenders himself to the Military in MOS, that he's shown to still have some backbone and that he's surrendering himself on his own terms, not theirs.
I actually think he came across much better in the animated film than the graphic novel. You have to remember the Dark Knight Returns is set in its own world and that's the version if Superman in it. I mean I'm not saying I'm happy with his portrayal in the film but I actually got that that version was suited for that world and that particular story. Infact the line that made me understand was when Superman said to Batman it's their world not ours.