View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #258
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I actually hadn't heard anything negative about MOS, but I see what you're saying, he's such a visual guy he doesn't really put much of the movie into the dialogue, so yeah, it can be a lot of nothing. I think Nolan/Goyer have the opposite problem... they put too much heavy dialogue in until you're swimming in pontification. Even no name bank tellers get epic last words. Hopefully it'll balance out?
Yeah, I think both camps have pacing issues, but like you say, they're kind of on the opposite ends of the spectrum on that. I like your theory that they'll balance each other out. Seems possible.

The negative MoS stuff was just some of the earliest hearsay (you must have missed "Easily Replaceable"-gate, lol)...and likely total BS, but as I said, I don't want to be that person who only puts credence in the positive reports, so I just pretend none of the reports exist at all. At least until the public advanced screenings start happening, anyway.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote