View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #55
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: Nell2ThaIzzay's "Last Stand"

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
That could depend on how one defines 'true X-Men fan'...

Does it mean someone who has followed the comics for decades, someone who has piles of comics several metres high and all the cartoon episodes... Does it mean someone whose passions are confined to the world they saw in the first two movies...

It's all down to perspective and interpretation. I've offered my interpretation of events in the movies. And given my dislikes too. The treatment of Cyclops by Fox was among those things i disliked and which did stand out in the movie.

However, overall, I loved the movie. The negatives do not, for me, outweigh the positives.

Also, because I've seen it several times and have followed the comicbooks for so long, I obviously have a lot of information in my head; and the multiple viewings give me more appreciation, a deeper understanding, a better memory of what was on screen than someone who saw it three months ago and stomped off in a a rage because Cyclops was dead. A deeper appreciation than you might have had if you were thrown off course by the faster pace than the first two movies - you simply cannot impose a 'Singer' mentality on this film. I never went into this with Bryan Singer on my mind, and that's proved an advantage.
Ok...still dont change the fact that what you said before....is what you said. Plain and simple. you tried to paint people into a corner, saying they were just cyclops only fans or singer fans. I dont care about your justification. you simply didnt give pessimists respect when this movie was in development. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. you're quite freaking presumptuous.