View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #583
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
What my recollection is of the events was that Raimi wanted the film to feature the Lizard. The studio nixed the Lizard because they felt it was too bizarre. Then as plan B Raimi wanted the Vulture. In either case, he apparently wanted Black Cat.

But the studio wanted a connection between the Cat and Vulture (One of the scripts that Raimi was unhappy with) and wanted Felicia to be the Vulture's daughter. Thus, Black Cat would be Vultress.

Again, Raimi was the one who didn't like any of the scripts Sony was tossing at him, didn't think he could make the deadline, so he opted out.
So what Raimi is saying is if he had it his way, he would have used Black Cat even though Hathaway would probably have been The Vulturess if Sony had it their way? What Sam is trying to say is he would've used Black Cat if Sony didn't force their hand, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
I'm sure they would have. Look at the Carte Blanche that Nolan got for TDKR.
The studio started second guessing Raimi again, so rather than have another SM3 fiasco, he pulled out. As he's been saying, his love for the character is too deep to do two films he was unhappy with.
It really does seem Sony and FOX like to push their opinions and ideas into a film while Warner Brothers seem to be very open, especially with Nolan's trilogy.