View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #584
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
The box office didn't mean a thing apparently as that didn't keep a fourth film from being made and Sony still had eyes on rebooting it, and as average as anyone wants to call it, it's a 63% on RT compared to a 89% for Spider-Man and a 93% for Spider-Man 2. That RT score right there shows me that yes, S-M 3 was a failure.
Not really lol. A fourth film was being made, however what stopped it wasn't the lack of box office success, nor mixed critical reaction. It was sony, and sony butting on on who Raimi could use again, and Sam, feeling he couldn't make a fourth movie that was both pleasing to the fans and himself, bowed out. Now, they could have continued, but then Maguire and Dunst bowed out after Raimi left, hence the reboot. Also, a critical failure is a panning, which this movie wasn't. Yeah, I know you hate it cause it butchered a crap character and yadayadayada, but it's not really as hated as you'd like (or want) to believe. It's more than likely not gonna make anyone's top ten anytime soon, yes, but it's not the absolute failure others make it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.