View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 04:09 AM   #214
titansupes
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Huh?

More people were hoping for something more like Gotham Central (feat. Det. Jim Gordon). If they're starting the pilot with Bruce at 8 years old, they won't have room for basically ANY "Batman" characters apart from a young Jim Gordon. No major villains, no other heroes, etc. If they introduce Montoya or Bullock as Gordon's contemporaries without the context of Batman existing, it's almost pointless to have them at all. And no, speculation that there will be non-linear storytelling to get Gordon later when Bruce is an adult is baseless. What thematic reason in GORDON'S STORY would there be to start with the Waynes' murders only to jump 20 years forward to the time when Bruce is an adult? It makes sense in Batman Begins, since it's Bruce's story, but in Gordon's story, it would make no sense to start at the Waynes' murder unless they intended to stay there chronologically.

I don't want a procedural where facsimiles of the Gotham PD cast appear in an otherwise mundane setting. I want a police procedural SET IN THE DC UNIVERSE with all the trappings that come with that.
They could still introduce villains and heroes we know and love. Look at *shudder* Smallville. Clark didn't become Superman until his final 10 minutes of screentime, yet they'd introduced practically every villain and several heroes over the course of the intervening years. I'm not saying that's how I want these shows to go, but it's perfectly feasible.

titansupes is online now   Reply With Quote