View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #242
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it wouldn't make much difference, if he was in his late 20s he would be in his 50s now, if he was a teen which is getting desperate lets be honest because he doesn't look like a teen and he is almost shown to have been through alot in life, can fly a plane ect ect, but even if he is a late teen he would be in his 40s now

but alright, i wouldn't bank up hopes though
Film aging is a whole hell of a lot different than real life aging. Audiences will buy it just having an older actor in place.

Look at Star Wars. Alex Guinness in the original trilogy is way more than 20 years older than Ewan McGregor from the new trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Just to say: I hope the rumor isn't true that X-Men: The Last Stand isn't retconned; I must be one of the few who liked it, and I'am saying WHILE KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT SINGER'S X3 WAS GOING TO BE ABOUT FROM BEGINNING TO END. But doesn't mean Last Stand was bad, IMO. If one X-Men movie eeds to be retconned, it's X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
None of the movies are being retconned. And that's a good thing. None of them should be retconned.

And I'm one of the few who liked X-Men 3 as well. And one of the even fewer that enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
That's good. And me too, at least that post-credits scene won't be there for nothing. I still like to know more about what Days of Future Past is all about (film version).

Yeah he was going to these:

- The opening to X3 was similar to Close Encounters, with reports of people seeing bright lights at the now dried up Alkali Lake.

- The Phoenix was a god-like entity that saw herself above everyone else, and Jean had one aim: resolve mutants' affairs. No more X-Men, Brotherhood, or any other fights; she would take things into her own hands

- The ending would see the Phoenix doing something similar like the Starchild from 2001: as she can't be killed, she decides to leave and create life somewhere else (cue Watchmen reference). But before she leaves, she tells X3's main character, Cyclops (yeah, that's right) that she'll be watching.

There is more info, but that would defeat my "Last Stand was still good" statement, lol
Oddly enough, I'm not a big fan of the direction that was rumored for Singer's X-Men 3. I like the ideas and the direction of the Phoenix we got better. I just don't think it was fleshed out as well as it could have been.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote