View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #799
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
That's not right at all. Most people haven't read a Captain America book in their life, and a lot of people saw the Avengers but might have not bothered with the origin movies.

It will probably be spoiled by the trailers.
It will be spoiled by the trailers....and by the posters....and by the promo interviews, and the premieres, and by all the geeks walking in the theater saying, "So, is Bucky supposed to be The Winter Soldier, or New Goblin in this movie? I forget which."

Seriously. Anybody who believes that TWS' identity is supposed to be kept "secret" from the audience can feel free to buy some oceanfront property from me in Arizona. Worst kept secret EVARRRRRRR

As for what Falc brings to the table, other than racial diversity:

I think there's a good chance that they'll bring the bird telepathy in. In more recent times, the "telepathy" is a tech item, not a superpower, and it's part of Falc's Wakandan-built harness (which also gives him IR vision, a state-of-the-art comm suite, and other nifty spygear). And Redbird was always a major part of his 616 identity, so that'd be nifty for old-school fans (like me).

And don't second-rate Falc's flying skills to the other fliers in the Avengers. They fly *faster,* but Sam flies *better.* His aerobatic skills are rated the highest on the team, and he has been shown to outmaneuver fliers like Iron Man and Thor on more than one occasion.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014