View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #62
ChrisB
Batman News

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
lol @ this:

I think this is great news because that means the reason for Spider-Man’s new suit will be written into the story. In the Batman movies from the 90s Batman would just show up a different costume each time without an explanation. Christopher Nolan broke this trend in The Dark Knight by explaining why Batman needed a new suit. It’s cool to see that Marc Webb seems to be taking a similar approach.

Ah yes, we NEED a reason why he alters the design of his suit. Because he can't turn his head, right? Oh wait...that's right, they're both just lightweight red and blue form fitting costumes with no changes regarding functionality. WE NEED AN EXPLANATION. lol.

I respect Raimi so much for showing restraint and keeping the same costume for three films. Because lets be honest, there really wasn't any reason story-wise to change it. In this day and age of movies they change costumes/designs every film because that means $$$ for marketing and they can sell new action figures, toys, etc...
Well I'm excited to see *some* kind of explanation. I loved that Nolan at least touched on it...