View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:26 AM   #70
night0205
Side-Kick

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Rate & Review Iron Man 2

The John Ottman theme in Fantastic Four was probably one of the highlights in that dense story. He also did X2, he's a good composer. Yeah, I don't quite remember Iron Man's theme... they should definitely get Hans Zimmer, but I'd say that about any theme.

I would like to make one comment about Iron Man 2, and people's expectations being let down. The reason why Iron Man 2 is not highly praised is because of Iron Man 1. If you notice, everyone compares the sequel directly to Iron Man 1, and because it's not as much of a surprise, and not as good of film, that means Iron Man 2 is bad? The thinking of this is all wrong, just because it's not as good as Iron Man, doesn't mean it's a bad film. I'll give you an example. X1 wasn't that highly praised, and it wasn't that amazing, and because it wasn't that amazing, when X2 was released everyone was blown away by it's awesomeness. So, obviously X2 is highly praised, because it's much better then the first. I think this line of thinking is extremely flawed. Judge a movie by the movie, not by it's predecessor, which is exactly what everyone is doing.