View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #483
xeno000
IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

I don't see that LokiD's speculation is any different or worse than anyone else's. Plenty of people have insisted that their theories were absolutely true, only to be disproved later. A couple of people pushed the Szostak-as-Janet theory really hard, but now that we know she isn't playing that character all is forgotten. Pepper's gonna die, Stark is going to space in his Deep Space armor, Mandarin is Killian's lackey, etc., all speculation we've had in this thread (some of which I agreed with) and all virtually certain to be wrong. Was anyone hurt by that spec? I doubt it.

It’s something that’s easy to take for granted, growing up in the United States as a white male, that my cinematic heroes look like me...It’s something that over the course of these ten years, having a certain amount of power over what type of movies are made and what type of actors we hire, I want everybody to have that feeling. We don’t take it for granted that people want to see themselves reflected in our heroes and our characters.