View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #83
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

UK sports pages hit a new low this weekend with stories about Torres to Arsenal, Fred and Cardozo to City and best of all, Messi to United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
Can United pleaaaaase sign him up?
At 29 I think it's too late for us to be considering him. Looks like we will miss out on Thiago as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Does De Rossi get his shirts custom made with the one long sleeve or does he do that himself?
I was wondering what the deal was with that myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Agreed. It was a real insult and kick in the nuts to those that have supported the club throughout the years, good and bad, to be almost literally smacked in the face when asking questions about what the clubs intentions and direction for the forseeable future were. The outgoing chairman may have done many good things for the club, but I just can't bring myself to acknowledge it or him after that massive lack of respect he showed.
Even if we just attempted to show the same kind of intent and will that Fergie breeded into his players to aspire and achieve despite the shortcomings, I think most of the consensus would have been more than happy and content.
I agree, for real fans it's about the intent even if things don't quite pan out, but when the people running the club, a club with a great hsitory and successful one to boot, comes out and tells fans to be grateful with 4th place because of a stadium they chose to build and then charge fans the earth to get into, it's arguably the worst PR move in the history of the game.

Quote:
Just show some intent to improve and make a real go at trying to aspire to be the best. None of this 4th place is a trophy crap, while trying to justify it by extorting the very people who pretty much keep them employed and pampered in their jobs.

Get rid of the deadwood leeches, don't let our better players go and bring in top proven quality rather than a few bargain buys to just make up the numbers. They also need to sort out the wage structure and get tough on the underachievers. Some of the crod within the squad have it too easy and are on ridiculous wages for what they're worth. Wenger also needs to let Bould have access to sorting the defence out too. It's already proven that he has had an effect on them.
I agree with you on this, Arsenal really are like a backed up bowel when it comes to some of the players you have stockpiled that are no good, a summer enema should sort that out and free up the wages for the better signings.

When you say sort out the wage structure do you mean start paying by a player to player basis instead of missing out on quality because of a ceiling cap? I think Wenger has shown intent by going for Higuain amidst the insane prices Falcao and Cavani are going for.