View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #762
Naked Shia
Nikkid's law

Default Re: Batman: Arkham City - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I thought the characterizations were great. Bane uses his brain and uses Batman to do his bidding for him and Hush obviously there to set ground for a sequel.
I don't think it shows that Bane uses his brain. There is nothing smart in the way he acts. Batman plays along to get rid of the titan formula, but Bane's scheme is obvious, and anybody could come with something like that.

They totally missed the point with Hush. I liked the sidequest, because of its mood. It was intriguing at first, and creepy. But how can he be threatening now that Batman knows everything about his scheme, when Hush himself doesn't even know Bruce is Batman?

But there are worse. Strange has so much potential, and yet, they only managed to make him a pawn. He barely do anything at all in the game. The fact that he knows Bruce's identity is not even used at all. Only when you go to Park Row does it mean anything. Apart from that, it's nothing more than an empty threat.

Same goes for Ra's. This Ra's is nothing more than a dumbass. He's not even able to find Batman's true identity on his own (something that he did when O'neil created him).

There are a lot of room for improvement when it comes to story and characterization in the Arkham games. They are still awesome, but saying their stories and characterization are good is a bad move: it won't allow the creator to understand why they need to improve these stuffs, and we'll still have average stories and bad characterization in the next games.

my videos thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=516339